Wednesday, July 6, 2011

days 23, 24, & 25- 4th of july weekend

Woooh 4th of July! Go America! Yay freedom! Okay that's enough of my forced patriotism, here are the events of my 4th of July weekend... 

My mother and I went shopping for dorm stuff in Jupiter on Saturday. We weren't too successful but whatever, we still have plenty of time to do all that sorta stuff. As we were driving we saw this guy with a bunch of flags on his car. I thought that he was a veteran and really loved America or something.  


It turns out he had a beef with the Jupiter police cause there were a bunch of crazy signs on the back of his car. I quickly changed my "I love Amurca" attitude to an "I hate stupid people" attitude. 


This poor widdle doggy was in the Walmart parking lot. 

 

After Walmart my mom and I went to the mall. I got some [on sale] goodies.


The next day I went to the beach with Maddy and my dad. It was lovely. Maddy enjoyed it, too! 










Awww sleepy heads. 




Alas, the 4th of July. My friend Becca and I hung out in the morning and afternoon. We went to First Watch for brunch, because we're fancy like that. 



The next item of business for the day was cone-ing. If you haven't heard of it, look it up on Youtube. Or I can attempt to explain it- it's where you order an ice cream cone from a drive through and when the person hands it to you, you grab it by the ice cream rather than the cone. The whole point is to see the person's reaction. And also to be stupid. We had to switch cars because my mom forbade me from coning in her car. My brother did the best parking job ever... naaaaht. 


Our first cone-ing attempt was a complete fail. As I was going to give the dude my $1.07, I dropped it. And then when I finally grabbed the cone Becca accidentally didn't get his face. He looked at me like I was insane, as he should have. 


We made good use of our ice cream. 


It took us four more attempts to get it perfect. The second time we went to a McDonold's and their ice cream machine was broken so the ice cream was really melty, so they gave it to us upside down in a cup. IT WAS PRE- CONED. I was so upset. Why couldn't we get this right?! Next we drove all the way to Wendy's in Hobe Sound. I asked for a vanilla ice cream cone, and the lady simply said "No". Not "Oh, we don't have ice cream, sorry!" or "Wee only serve Frosties" but "No". Talk about good customer service, man! After that depressing statement we headed to Baskin Robbins. We were ready this time! I ordered a vanilla ice cream cone. I pulled up to the window only to realize that I knew the person. [Yeah, I'm that popular ;)] That didn't count, so we drove to the McDonold's next to Cracker Barrel. You'll just have to watch....



We had lots of leftover ice cream. 



My very first unintentional "milk" mustache. Still counts. 


We had to put all of the cones in a plastic bag. 


Next item of business was a Homegoods photo shoot... 












"Super Foods!"






Next we went to Downtown Stuart because that's the place you go when you have nothing else to do. 



Please just look at this awesome dog. 


Fourth of July night was meh. We went to Pelican Cafe and had to wait forever even though we had reservations. 



Oh mom...



The Patriots... or as our waitress called them "Pirates". 



Having soooo much fuuuunnnnnn!  


And finally, the fireworks. They were really good & almost made up for the crappy mood.







I'm not quite sure how to wrap this post up, I'm thinking either "I love Amurca" or... oh wait I can't think of anything else. So, I love Amurca I guess.  

2 comments:

  1. PLEASE DEFAULT THIS http://2.bp.blogspot.com/-uaqxSpnerzE/ThUehpw3ijI/AAAAAAAAAhs/VXcGjTh6du8/s1600/IMG_3816.JPG RIGHT NOW

    ReplyDelete