Wednesday, June 15, 2011

day 7- onward to uf

Today I woke up at noon and messed around until about 6, then my parents and I left for preview at UF. Right before we left my trunk broke, which made me very sad. I tried to make my face look sad but... I failed.


On our way I watched Breakfast at Tiffany's and got about 20 minutes into Catch Me If You Can. I took like 10 million screenshots but then I realized that they weren't actually working.... [and yes, that is  Harry Potter background]


So I had to resort to taking them with my camera. 


Why can't guys look like this any more? 



When we got to the hotel my dad checked us in. The lady asked us what we were here for and my dad said UF preview, so she gave me a little pamphlet and some trail mix.

Turns out it was some ad for an off campus meal plan called "The Chompmenus Meal Plan." Okay, if you're going to insert "chomp" or "gators" into a word, it should at least make sense. Maybe I'll chompjust startgator writing likeswamp this.


In the end I didn't mind though, cause I got a free trail mix out of it, and I was starving. 


The hotel we're at has free internet, so I, of course, had to go on facebook. Looks like they're already catering ads to me now that I'm "in college."


To be quite honest I'm not sure if I'm ready for this yet. I feel like I'm still in high school and that I'll still be going to high school in the fall, just at a different place. I think for certain people it is. It's not like I want to forget about my current friends, but I don't want them to keep me from making new ones and having the real college experience. I think I'm most afraid of blending in. I don't want to be just another IB kid going to UF. I don't want to go to "North Fork." I want to go to UF and meet new people and have the time of my life. That being said, let's see how tomorrow goes... 

1 comment: