Sunday, June 19, 2011

days 8 & 9- uf preview

Preview started out as an absolute disaster. From the moment we stepped out of the car my parents (whether on purpose or not, I don't know) were doing everything in their power to embarrass the bloody heck out of me. Not only that, but they were making fun of everything- everyone doing the gator chomp, whenever someone would say "go gators"... it was NOT helpful. So that made me pretty upset and then all of my doubts about going to UF came flooding back into my mind, etc., etc... When the program started like 30 people came parading in line all doing synchronized gator chomps and chanting. It was too much for me. I had to leave cause I knew I was going to start crying. And I did. I went in the bathroom and had a nice long pity party. Right then I pretty much gave up on liking UF. It wasn't going to happen. I would just have to live with my decision and wait until Winter Break to transfer. When I thought everybody was gone I came out of the stall and there was a preview staffer standing there. She asked if I was okay and I said no. [So here comes the good part of the story where everything basically turns around.] I told her everything that was wrong and she gave me a hug and we talked for a while about how UF wasn't all that bad and not everybody was obnoxious and that I would find my own niche. Pretty much everything that I had already been told but now it finally clicked. Preview was fine from that point on (minus the parental unit's constant need to embarrass me) and I actually had a pretty good time. My group leader even learned everyone in my group's names by the end. For being with so many new students, I didn't feel like just a number.

This was my really cool roommate for the night. Her name is Hannah and she's super awesome.



Liz :)  Now you can say you were in my blog, too!



The preview staff put on a show. They did some skits/ dance numbers that were quite entertaining.



We went to The Swamp, it was my first time there. There were people trying out for the football team I guess. 



I'm official! I photoshopped my ID number out cause I feel like it's a bad idea to have it floating on the internet. My dad won't stop making fun of how big my hair is. 


There was a lovely rainbow on our way home. A nice end to a nice 2 days. 



I can honestly say that I am super excited for college now. So yeah, that's it! 

1 comment: